I love my new outdoor space, it’s my office for the summer, slash, living space, for entertaining. How much do I love it, just a little too much. I have been staring at my computer and a blank screen for hours today. I could not concentrate to write this blog post, not that writing is very complicated, but my mind kept wondering in all directions.
So it took me most of the day doing nothing but sitting in the sun with the fur kids before I could even start writing these lines. Maybe the glass of red wine I just poured myself was all I needed to get me started? Nevertheless, in the end, I really enjoy the outdoor space, although I somehow feel guilty for enjoying it.
I guess, as the summer days go on, I will somehow get used to them and be more productive. Good thing is, we still need to eat and I still need to create new recipes to entertain and share with you. This week I’m trying to use my basil that keeps growing faster than I can use it, and yes, I did harvest some to dry, and made a lot of pesto (the freezer is stacked with it)!
I talked in the last post about how I shop for what’s on special at my grocery store. Well this week, again, they have these awesome pork chops for only 0,99$ a pound. Although I still have some in the freezer from the previous sale they had a few weeks ago, I got some more. Since I was busy today doing absolutely nothing, I had time to think about an easy recipe for these delicious pork chops, and of course my basil. And since I was so busy doing nothing it had to be quick, so oven baked was a no brainer! Breaded pork chops with parmesan cheese, served over a marinara sauce and fresh basil!
- 4 pork chops (I use pork chops with bone in about 3/4 inch thick)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of marinara sauce ( recipe here)
- 8 large basil leaves (chopped)
- In a bowl, mix the panko, Italian bread crumbs and parmesan cheese together.
- In another bowl beat the eggs.
- Put the flour onto a plate.
- Dip the pork chops in the flour on both sides.
- Dip in the eggs on both sides, then dip again in the flour and again in the eggs.
- Then put into the bread crumbs, pressing on both sides to completely coat the pork chops.
- Place the pork chops on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400F for 15 minutes.
- Turn the pork chops onto the other side and continue baking for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the pork chops rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with the basil leaves and parmesan cheese shavings.
- Serve with the marinara sauce.