Here is a super quick and super delicious recipe from the past! This dish comes from my mom’s own cookbook from the 70’s. These pork ribs are super tasty and cook in only 1 hour. So you can even make them on a weeknight.
A simple marinade made with orange marmelade, oil, soy sauce, honey, tomato paste, Dijon mustard and garlic, giving these pork ribs a sweet and tangy taste that will leave your taste buds wanting more!
Simply prepare the marinade in the morning, pour over the ribs and store in the fridge. While you are at work the flavours slowly come together during the day. When you come home from work, all you have to do is pop the pork ribs in the oven and let the magic of this marinade do the rest.
While these awesome marmelade pork ribs cook, prepare a side dish of steamed veggies and a crisp salad and you’ve got yourself an awesome meal that is sure to please the whole family!
- 2 lbs of pork ribs
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp of orange marmelade
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ut the ribs in sections and place in a shallow dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the ribs and marinate in the fridge for 6 to 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven at 400 F.
- Bake the ribs in the marinade for 30 mins (Cover the dish with aluminium foil).
- After 30 minutes, remove from the oven and baste the ribs with the marinade from the bottom of the dish.
- Return the dish uncovered to the oven and bake another 30 minutes, basting a few times.