This could and should have been a chicken wing recipe, but no chicken wings were to be found at the grocery store this week. It’s the weirdest thing, sometimes I can go for weeks without finding any chicken wings at the store.
But no matter what, I decided to make it anyway using chicken drum sticks. After all it’s almost the same thing, right? Once again, very simple recipe with ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
I used “ herbes de Provence”. I have a hard time finding the English translation for that, because when I google it, I get mixed herbs, and sometimes I get herbs the Provence !?! But anyway, it’s a French classic. The mix of herbs, typically, is a mix made with equal parts of basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, sage and thyme.
So, if you can’t find it at your grocery store, you can simply use all of those herbs in equal parts. Mix all the ingredients listed in the recipe and let the chicken marinate in the fridge for a few hours before cooking. Serve with roasted potatoes and a green salad.
- 8 chicken drumsticks (or 20 pieces of chicken wings)
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of paprika
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of mixed herbs
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Marinate the chicken in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Place the chicken on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the marinade onto the chicken .
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400F for 20 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over and brush on the remaining marinade.
- Continue baking for another 25 minutes.