The holidays are almost over and even though it’s been a lot of fun to see family and friends, the truth is, I can’t wait to get back to a more normal schedule and get back on track with my eating habits.
I’m not going to make any New Year’s resolutions as I have learned over the years that I never respect them, but I’m looking forward to another year of blogging.
I still have tons of projects that I want to do and I’m hoping that they will materialize this year. A few cookbook ideas are taking shape in my mind, so stay tuned! This baked macaroni is so tasty and you can make it in advance and reheat it when you get back home on the next day. The chilli sauce adds a zesty tangy touch that will keep you coming back for more. This dish is sure to please the whole family!
Colin and I want to take this time to wish all of our readers a happy and wonderful New Year. May 2018 bring you love, health and joy and make all of your dreams a reality.
- 3 cups of elbow macaroni
- 1 lbs of ground beef
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes (28oz)
- 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1/4 cup of chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp of all spice
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp of freshly chopped parsley
- 4 basil leaves (chopped)
- 2 cups of grated mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, heat up the olive oil.
- Add in the garlic and onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in the ground beef and cook until no pink remains (about 8 minutes).
- Add in the crushed tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, sugar, chilli sauce, parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper, all spice, bay leaf and parsley.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a gentle boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the basil leaf to the sauce and continue simmering.
- While the sauce is simmering, bring a big pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the macaroni to the water and cook according to the package directions.
- Drain the macaroni and add to the sauce.
- Transfer the pasta to an oven safe dish.
- Add the mozzarella cheese on top and bake in a preheated oven at 375F for 15 minutes.