What can I say about this recipe!?! Other than this is my new favourite spicy chicken ever!!!!! Sriracha is really rocking my world right now. It has almost replaced ketchup in this house! Yes I have a love affair with Sriracha.
Sweet and spicy food is so amazing. The two just go so well together, and lets face it, the sweetness helps to soothe the fire created by the Sriracha. If you love spicy food, you will fall in love with this super easy recipe.
You will notice that I’ve only used 2 chicken breasts, (because we are only 2 in this house) but the recipe yields enough sauce for 4 chicken breasts. You can easily double the recipe if needed as well.
I serve these awesome sweet and spicy Sriracha chicken breasts with basmati rice and a crisp fresh salad with tons of fresh cucumber (they help cool your mouth from the heat of the Sriracha). This recipe is super easy and quick, perfect for busy week nights, but awesome enough to be served to your guests on the weekend!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp of ketchup
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of freshly chopped parsley
- A pinch of salt
- In a bowl whisk together all of the ingredients (except for the chicken breasts).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Reserve half of the sauce in another bowl.
- Brush the remaining sauce on both sides of each chicken breasts.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400F for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove them from the oven and brush on the remaining sauce.
- Return them to the oven and continue baking for another 25 minutes or until fully cooked.