A quick and very simple recipe for a week night with a punch of flavour! Chicken and broccoli is one of my favourite asian take out food, and a home version is not only healthier, but it is also very economical.
This recipe is so easy, there is no reason not to make it. If you like Chinese take out, you must try this. There are a few variations of this dish, and this version is a sweet and sour one, I just love that combo!
This recipe will feed two people and it is very easy to double or even triple this recipe to feed a larger crowd.
Honey for sweetness, the soy sauce bringing the saltiness, the rice vinegar bringing that little sour taste and a little Sriracha for a hint of heat, complete this fabulous chicken and broccoli dish!
- 2 chicken breasts (cut into bite size)
- 4 cups of fresh broccoli fleurets
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 1 tsp of Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp of corn starch
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix the honey, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, rice vinegar, Sriracha sauce and corn starch.
- Reserve half of the marinade separately in the fridge.
- Add the pieces of chicken into the other half and marinate in the fridge for a few hours.
- Heat up a large pan, add in the chicken and brown on each side (about 5 minutes).
- Add in the broccoli fleurets and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the reserved marinade and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve on a bed of white rice and garnish with sesame seeds