This is an older post of a recipe that I revisited last night. I had forgotten about this and it is so delicious that I thought I would re share it. Hope you will give it a try, it is really worth it!
Guess what day it is! Chicken wings Monday! And guys do I have an awsome one for you this week!!!! I think it will be Colin and I’s favourite appetizer from now on. Spicy coconut chicken wings! (the irony is that I’m not a fan of coconut usually, so go figure!). I dont know, but there is something about this flavour that screams summer time! As usual I bake the wings in the oven, but I think this breading would also be awesome deep fried. So if any of you try them fried, please let us know how they turned out.
So we are very excited over here. I started this little blog about 10 months ago, (wow time does really fly by fast). Anyone who has a food blog knows how much work it is, and to tell you the truth, about 4 months ago, I wasn’t sure if I should continue or not.
But you cannot achieve anything without perseverance. In the past 3 months, our audience has grown and we are now at 12,500 page views per month! I know this is still very little compared to blogs that have been around for years, but I’m very happy about these numbers. This increase in visitors is giving me the fuel that I needed to continue this journey, and I’m hoping you will continue to take it with me.
I have a lot of ideas and culinary creations to share, and I hope I can inspire you! Im planning some redesigning on the blog in the near future and I have started to organize my ideas for my cookbook which I’m hoping to be able to finish before Christmas. Meanwhile enjoy these yummy spicy coconut chicken wings!
- 20 pieces of chicken wings (10 wings cut at the joint and tips removed)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1tbsp of hot sriracha sauce (or any hot sauce)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (finely ground)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp of chili powder
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of dry parsley
- 1tbsp of olive oil
- Put the chicken wings in a ziplock bag.
- Mix the coconut milk, lime juice and hot sauce together.
- Pour mixture in the bag, over the chicken wings and marinate for at least 2 hours (overnight is better).
- In a bowl, mix the coconut flakes, flour, spices and olive oil.
- Mix well until there are no more lumps (I use my hands to work the flour mixture, until the oil has absorbed equally and I have a smooth consistency )
- When you are ready to cook the wings, put the flour mixture in a ziplock bag, remove the wings from the marinade and transfert to the flour mixture ziplock bag.
- Shake until all wings are coated.
- Place the wings on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400F for 20 minutes.
- Turn the wings over and return to the oven and continue baking for 25 minutes.
- Serve with wedges of lime and hot sauce (optional).