I am finally back to my old self (well almost) and ready to continue this amazing adventure that is my little food blog! I’m so happy to see that you guys have not forgotten about me as I can see in the stats of my blog, that daily visits are still on the rise 👍🏻
Since I’m returning slowly to my kitchen (let’s not forget that it’s still summer and I enjoy being outside most of the time). I either do quick recipes, or anything that can bake in the oven and doesn’t need too much of my attention.
This quick ragu sauce is great with rigatoni. You can always use other pastas, but always remember that a thick meaty sauce always works best with larger pasta and more delicate pasta works best with tomato or cream sauce.
This ragu sauce is quick to make. So perfect for weeknights or any time your are in a rush but still want a delicious homemade meal. Make sure you dice your veggies super fine for fast cooking, the smaller the cut, the quicker it cooks! This dish can be done in 30 minutes.
- 2 cups of dry rigatoni pasta
- 1 lbs of ground beef
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 carrot (finely diced)
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup of tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cups of beef broth
- 1/2 tsp of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of dry thym
- 1/2 tsp of dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp of dry basil
- 1/2 tsp of all spice
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by bringing a pot of salty water and cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan.
- Add in the carrot and onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute
- Add in the beef and cook until no pink remains (about 8 minutes)
- Add in the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the beef broth and the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and toss into the sauce.
- Garnish with fresh parsley