Here is a super quick and delicious meal that involves the almighty PEROGIE! Ok, this is one of those recipe that uses a shortcut to create a tasty meal. Frozen perogies, pasta sauce, either home made previously frozen, or a jar of your favourite pasta sauce, and shredded cheese.
Sometimes, shortcuts are a necessity. After all, we don’t always have time to make every single dinner from scratch, right? Or in my case, sometimes I just need a break from the kitchen, but I still want to enjoy good food.
Perogies are one of those things I don’t bother making from scratch, especially since you can find good quality frozen perogie like Plemen’s. Plemen’s perogies are made with natural ingredients and they taste fantastic.
This dish comes together in a snap! I use my homemade bolognese sauce. My freezer is always stacked with this sauce (but a jar of your favourite pasta sauce will do). You simply have to boil the perogies for 5 minutes, drain and mix them with the pasta sauce, add the cheese on top and pop it in the oven! That’s it!
- 1 bag of frozen potato cheddar perogies
- 2 cups of bolognese sauce (or a jar of your favourite pasta sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Boil the perogies for 5 minutes in a pot of salted water.
- Drain and transfer into an oven safe dish.
- Mix in the bolognese sauce (or a jar of your favourite pasta sauce).
- Top with cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375F for 25 minutes or until the cheese gets bubbly and golden.