Well, it’s official, the holidays are over! I hope you all have had a great time with your families and friends, and hope that 2018 will be a wonderful year for you. I’m super excited to be starting the new year with my head full of projects, which most, involve this blog!
We are having an extremely cold winter so far, (and extreme is really an understatement) which means that all I want to do is stay at home and cook. I want to try different things and want to revisit some of my childhood favourite dishes.
I love potatoes. I grew up in the 70’s and every single meal (well almost) was accompanied by potatoes. I think I’ve already told you that when I was a child, we had a huge potato field. That’s how much we loved potatoes in our family.
I loved potatoes back then and I still love them! Although I no longer eat potatoes every day, they are still a part of our regular meals. One of my favourites as a child, was baked potatoes with the skin on, with melted butter and chives. These hasselback Parmesan and herb potatoes are my fancy version of my mom’s baked potatoes.
- 4 potatoes (skin on)
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan
- 1/2 tsp of herbs de Provence
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices of cooked bacon (crumbled)
- Wash and pat dry the potatoes (I leave the skin on, but you can also peel them if your prefer).
- Slice into the potatoes stopping just before you cut all the way through, so the slices stay connected at the bottom. (each slit should be around 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch thick).
- Melt the butter in a bowl ( I microwave it for 30 seconds) or you can also melt the butter in a sauce pan.
- To the butter, mix in the parmesan cheese and the herbs de Provence.
- Place the potatoes onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush each of the potatoes using only half of the butter preparation.
- Bake the potatoes in a preheated oven at 425F for 30 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and brush on the remainder of the butter preparation, salt and pepper to taste.
- Return to the oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until fully cooked (depending on the size of the potatoes).
- Garnish the potatoes with the crumbled bacon.