I am sharing this awesome recipe once again. Not only is it delicious, but it is also a good way to use left over marinara sauce!
This weeks’ chicken wings Monday brings you the taste of Italy. Who does not love Italian food!?! I know I do! So I thought it would be fun to bring Italian flavours to our chicken wing Monday’s. If you’ve just started following this blog, let me welcome you to our little tradition. Some of you have pizza night or pasta night, but here in this house, we have chicken wings night.
I love to play with flavours, with the same base ingredients. Chicken wings are really a chameleon food. A perfect vehicle for any kind of flavour, not to mention how easy it is to prepare delicious chicken wings.
Chicken and marinara sauce pair well together. Add some amazing Italian seasonings to the mix and you get delicous chicken wings with a taste of Italy! You can use any kind of Italian seasoning you like, but I personally love Victoria Taylor’s Tuscan seasoning. It is a blend of Italian herbs and spices with lemon peel and dehydrated garlic, green onions and bell peppers. Really delicious on fish too!
The marinara sauce is used at the end. Bake the chicken wings first with the mixture of flour and seasoning to a perfect crisp, then toss the chicken wings in a 1\2 cup of marinara sauce and then return them to the oven for about 5 minutes. Use the left over sauce as a dipping sauce. You can make your own marinara sauce like I do or use any store bought brand that you like for a quick fix!
- 20 pieces of chicken wings (10 wings cut at the joint and tips removed)
- 2 tbs of flour
- 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning (I use Vitoria Taylor’s TUSCAN seasoning)
- 1 cup of marinara sauce ( see recipe here )
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Parsley for garnish (chopped)
- In a ziplock bag, put the chicken wings, flour and Italian seasoning.
- Skake well to coat each wing.
- Place the chicken wings on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400F for 40 minutes turning them at half time.
- Remove from oven and toss the chicken wings in a 1\2 cup of marinara sauce.
- Return to oven and continue baking for 5 minutes.
- Grate fresh parmesan cheese on top of wings if desired and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.