Chicken wing Monday’s are back! Not that I did not have any more ideas for this staple, but I could not find any chicken wings at the grocery store for the past couple of weeks. (I need to remind myself to stock the freezer with chicken wings 😀)
A few weeks ago, I set up one of my Aerogardens with basil and it’s been growing like wild! So I’m looking up new ways to use my fresh basil, and I knew that I wanted to create a chicken wing recipe with this awesome herb.
So here are my Italian inspired chicken wings packed with awesome flavour! I use a Italian salad dressing as my base to marinate these chicken wings (I use the Italian dressing by Kraft). And of course a bunch of fresh basil leaves go into it. I mix about 1/2 a cup of Italian dressing with 6 large fresh basil leaves, chopped. I marinate the chicken wings in the refrigerator for a minimum of 3 hours (but if you have time, over night would be even better).
Just before baking them, I place the chicken wings in a ziplock bag (without the marinade) sprinkle in 2 tbsp of flour and shake to coat the chicken wings. I then placed the chicken wings in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Salt and pepper the chicken wings and bake them in the oven for 40 minutes, turning them at mid time. When ready to serve, I drizzle on a tiny bit of that yummy Italian dressing (from the bottle) and sprinkle with more freshly chopped basil leaves!
To find out more chicken wing recipes, look into our Chicken wing Monday’s section.
Check out also this amazing chicken wing recipe from QuicheNtell , Asian inspired chicken wings
- 20 pieces of chicken wings (10 wings cut at the joint and tips removed)
- 1/2 cup of Italian salad dressing (I use Kraft Italian dressing)
- 8 basil leaves (divided)
- 2 tbsp of flour
- Salt and pepper
- Put the chicken wings in a bowl.
- Chop up 6 basil leaves and mix them with the 1/2 cup of Italian salad dressing.
- Pour the mix over the chicken wings.
- Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven at 400F.
- Transfer the chicken wings into a ziplock bag (without the marinade)
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place on the chicken wings in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn the chicken wings onto the other side and return them to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Drizzle on a tiny bit of Italian salad dressing from the bottle on the cooked wings.
- Chop the remaining basil leaves and srpinkle on the wings before serving