So, you may be asking yourself, why a post on how to cook bacon? Well, this is a post on how to PERFECTLY cook bacon. First things first, if you cook your bacon in a skillet, or even worst, if you cook it in a microwave oven, you have been cooking it the wrong way!
So how should you be cooking your bacon you may ask? Well it is really simple, you bake it in the oven. Ok if you are already baking your bacon in the oven, then great! So this post is of no use to you. If you have never baked your bacon before, keep reading!
Why baking your bacon is the best way to cook it, well first, you can cook a whole pound of bacon at the same time (try doing that in a skillet!). Baked bacon cooks flat, no more curly bacon with crispy bits and soft part. No need to turn the bacon while it cooks and most important of all, no greasy mess all over your stove top!
Clean up is super easy. Line a cookie sheet with aluminium foil to bake your bacon, then toss the aluminium foil out after you are done and that’s it! I’m telling you, you will get great results every time with no mess in the kitchen. So, for perfectly cooked bacon, bake it in the oven!
- 6 to 8 slices of bacon
- Preheat the oven at 400F.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminium foil.
- Arrange the bacon slices on the cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes (depending on how crispy you like your bacon, you may want to bake it a little longer).
- Transfer the bacon onto paper towels to absorb the extra grease.