As the days are getting colder, I found myself wanting to cook more and I have started to pass more time in the kitchen developing recipes, and the way I choose my ingredients is very simple, I shop smart!
I let the specials at the grocery store dictate what I will be cooking with. Not only am I saving tons of money (yes, you really do save a lot of money by buying what’s on special) and I get different ingredients each week, making it easier to change what we eat.
This recipe once again is a very simple way to add tons of flavour to a favourite of mine, chicken! Simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. Make the marinade ahead of time and marinate the chicken drumsticks overnight for a deeper flavour.
This is a quick dinner idea making it ideal for weeknights. Serve these chicken drumsticks with a side of rice, baked potato or a green salad for a healthier and lighter dinner.
- 6 to 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 3/4 cup of ketchup
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp of fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together all the ingredients except for the chicken drumsticks.
- In a bowl, reserve 1/4 of the marinade for later use.
- Place the chicken drumsticks in a ziploc bag or glass bowl.
- Pour the remaining marinade and rub on the chicken drumsticks.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Place the chicken drumsticks on a rack and bake in a preheated oven at 425 F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, brush the reserved marinade onto the chicken drumsticks and return in the oven for 25 minutes more or until fully cooked.