Don’t you love it when a recipe is simple, quick and delicious! This Grilled Pork Chops recipe is all about that. They are simple, flavourful and they make the perfect weeknight dinner.
I love grilled meat with caramelized onions. Ok, I’m a huge fan of onions, in fact, my first cooking experience as a child was caramelized onions! My mom would slice the onions for me, and I was in charge of cooking them in a pan with a lot of butter!
I still enjoy onions on top of hamburger meat, steak and of course pork chops! Now I always add a good pinch of sugar in the pan with the onions, it helps to caramelized them and they get a nice deep colour.
For the pork chops, it’s really simple, put a generous amount of olive oil on both sides, generously season the pork chop, heat up your pan (it needs to be really hot before you put the meat in). Now sear the pork chops for about 5 minutes on each side. Top with the caramelized onions and finish cooking in the oven.
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 3 tbsp of olive oil (divided)
- 1/4 tsp of sugar
- 2 large pork chops
- 1 tbsp of freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tsp of dry thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan melt 1 tbsp of butter with 1tbsp of olive oil.
- Add in the onion and sugar, and cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes stirring a few times until the onion becomes a deep brown colour.
- Reserve on a plate.
- Rub the pork chops with the remaining olive oil on each side.
- Generously salt and pepper each side.
- Do the same with the thyme and parsley.
- Sear the pork chops in a hot pan (about 5 minutes on each side or until your get a nice brown colour).
- Finish cooking the pork chops in a preheated oven at 400 F for 10 to 15 minutes (depending on the thickness of the pork chops).
- Serve with the caramelized onions on top of the pork chops.