When food looks this good, you’ll want to come back for more! These pork chops taste as good as they look, they are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. There is something about breading pork chops that just makes them irresistible!
By now, you know my love affair with panko bread crumbs, they are my all time favourite. They are light and crispy, won’t burn when fried like regular bread crumbs and add texture to meatballs and meatloaf.
I’ve added some Italian seasoned bread crumbs in the mix just for the flavour, with some added spices and a touch of sugar. This breading tastes like heaven with these pork chops, but would also be amazing on chicken.
I cooked mine in the oven for a total of 30 minutes. Depending on the thickness of your pork chops, (mine were about 1/2 an inch thick) you might want to leave them a little longer or less. I suggest you check them every 10 minutes or so.
- 6 pork chops (1/2 an inch thick)
- 1-1/2 cups of Panko
- 1/2 cup of Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients, except for the pork chops.
- Now transfer the bread crumb mix into a large ziploc bag.
- Adding one pork chop at a time, shake to coat the pork chops with the breading.
- Place the breaded pork chops on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425F for 15 minutes.
- Turn the pork chops onto the other side and continue baking for another 15 minutes.