It’s hard to believe that there are only 10 days left until Christmas! Where did the time go? We have decided not to decorate this year, Colin is so busy at the salon and it seems so much work for just a few short weeks, and right after Christmas is passed, I can’t stand to see them.
We still have plans to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with friends, so we will be celebrating with loves ones and of course our two adorable fur babies.
This year I’m looking at non traditional dishes for my Christmas dinner, and I think this pasta dish will make the list. I love pasta and this dish is very easy to make.
I use a béchamel sauce as the base. I’ve just added parmesan cheese to it, and grilled chicken breasts, that I’ve then cut into pieces and mixed with the pasta and béchamel sauce and then baked in the oven.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 cups of penne pasta
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Add the chicken breasts to the hot pan and grill on both sides (about 8 minutes on each side). Cut the cooked chicken breasts into big pieces and reserve.
- Bring a large pot of salted water and cook the pasta according to package directions and reserve.
- In a sauce pan, melt 2 tbsp of butter.
- Add in 2 tbsp of flour and cook for about 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Whisk in the milk and cook for about 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add in the parmesan cheese, stirring and cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the salt and nutmeg.
- Pepper to taste.
- In an oven safe dish, mix the pasta with the white sauce.
- Add in the chicken pieces and mix.
- Cover with foil and cook in preheated oven at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.