It has been awhile since I shared a chicken wings recipe for our chicken wing Monday’s. I’m not really sure why, but sometimes it’s just impossible to find chicken wings at the grocery store. You would think that chicken wings would be a popular item?
I just can’t imagine my life without my favourite finger food! But luckily for me, I found some and I wanted to share this simple recipe using my home made Catalina dressing!
A simple glaze made of Catalina dressing, soy sauce and ginger, to be brushed on the chicken wings during the cooking process. Oh yes, like most of my chicken wings, these are also baked in the oven, so no grease smell that lingers in the house for days, and a little bit healthier! Happy chicken wing Monday!
- 20 pieces of chicken wings (10 wings cut at the joint and tips removed)
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 1/2 cup Catalina dressing (recipe here)
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- In a bowl mix together the Catalina dressing , soy sauce and ginger, and set aside.
- In a ziploc bag, add the chicken wings, oil and flour, then shake to coat the wings.
- Place the chicken wings on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 F for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove them from oven and brush some of the marinade onto the wings.
- Turn the chicken wings on the other side and brush on some more of marinade.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove them from oven and brush on the remaining marinade and return to the oven for another 5 minutes.